Founded in London as IRML (Independent Risk Monitoring Limited) by Yves de Naurois and Peter Jeffreys.
IRML started its activities in London as a provider of risk services with a focus on the funds industry. Central to the value proposition was the identification of risks inherent to the investment strategies and policies of investment funds. This activity led IRML to deal with compliance and governance issues working in cooperation with various service providers in the fields of compliance, governance, and funds management companies through white labelling agreements.
- IRML opened a representative office in Luxembourg to ensure the support of its existing customers and to expand its business.
- In November 2007 IRML created Mercuria Independent Risk Solutions (MIRS) in Luxembourg in partnership with Mercuria Services a Domiciliation and Management Company owned by some of the Arendt and Medernach partners (AM).
In June 2008 IRML created in Dublin Bridge Independent Risk solutions in partnership with Bridge Consulting.
In November 2008 Arendt & Medernach sold the domiciliation activities to SGG and the remainder of Mercuria was merged with The Directors Office (TDO) to become MDO. Thus IRML and MDO each owned 50% of MIRS.
- In July 2010 IRML purchased the 50% ownership of MDO into MIRS and became the sole owner of MIRS which was renamed IRML S.A.
- The company adopted the name Arkus to reflect its evolution and the enlargement of its service offering now based on 4 pillars: Risk, Governance, Compliance and Substance.
- The company officially changes its name to Arkus Financial Services to reflect its new identity and officialise IRML’s expansion of its service offering to provide governance, substance and compliance services in addition to risk monitoring and reporting services.
- Arkus announced the opening of its new London office on the 16th April 2018, located in the heart of the City of London and just five minutes walk from Bank station. The drive behind the move is to reinforce our brand's presence within the UK fund industry and to enable us to be closer to our existing clients in order to meet their needs and demands from a prime location.
- Arkus and BeeAM (French consulting company) launched their French joint venture named Rsquare on April 2018, a cutting edge solution enabling the management and analysis of risk. More information on Rsquare: http://rsquare.fr/